published date: undefined
LawWorks is a charity committed to enabling access to justice through free legal advice. They believe in the power of pro bono legal advice to help improve the lives of people in need.
If you have a problem and need legal advice to resolve it, you may be able to get help from a legal adviser or an organisation which specialises in your problem.
A few questions for you to think about:
- Do you have legal expenses insurance that you’ve forgotten about? Some people get legal expenses insurance as part of their car or home insurance policy. If you’re not sure read your policy documents or speak to you insurer to find out.
- Are you eligible for legal aid? To find out take the eligibility test.
- If you are eligible for legal aid find out how to claim here.
- If you are not eligible for legal aid and you need a legal adviser, you should choose one who has experience in the appropriate area of law. You can find details of legal advisers at www.gov.uk/find-a-legal-adviser
- If you are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to pay you may be able to get legal advice from the organisations or advice networks listed below.
If you need legal assistance but cannot afford to pay for a lawyer, Legal Aid helps meet the costs of legal advice, family mediation and representation in a court or tribunal.